ANOTHER TIME“ by Nahid Hasan Zad’h has been officially selected to participate in the International Competition of the 65th International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg.
Represented for World Sales & Festivals by Iran ArtHouse Film ( Marjan Alizadeh )ANOTHER TIME“ by Nahid Hasan Zad’h has been officially selected to participate in the International Competition of the 65th International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg.
The International Competition includes about 20 features and takes place from 4 to 19 November 2016.
82 min , feature film produced 2016 – Iran, Another Time is about Ghadir, a chemical plant worker, protesting against being unpaid for over a year, is arrested during a demonstration and imprisoned without trial. He’s released one year later with no explanation given.On arriving home he finds his daughter, Somayeh, has given birth out of wedlock…
Only newcomer directors may participate at the International Film Festival Mannheim-Heidelberg, i.e. directors who are unknown to an international audience outside their home country.
In order for a film to be eligible for presentation at the Festival’s International Competition Section, it must not have been screened at
- Cannes (International Competition, Quinzaine des Réalisateurs, Un Certain Regard, Semaine de la Critique)
- Venice (International Competition)
- Locarno (International Competition)
- any other festival in Germany
Films in the International Competition are nominated for the following awards:
- Grand Newcomer Award Mannheim-Heidelberg (for the best film in competition, awarded by the International Jury)
- Special Newcomer Award Mannheim-Heidleberg(for an extraordinary performance as director, actor, writer, etc, awarded by the International Jury)
- Special Achievment Award Mannheim-Heidelberg(for the best unconventionally narrated feature film, awarded by the International Jury)
- Special Mentions of the International Jury(for a remarkable film with outstanding acting, music, photography etc, awarded by the International Jury)
- International Film Critic’s Award(awarded by the FIPRESCI-Jury)
- The Ecumenic Film Prize (awarded by the Ecumenical Jury)
- A Jury of Cinema Owners will recommend films for theatrical distribution. An Audience Award is issued for any film in the two main sections, regardless of genre and length.Find out more about prizes and laureates during the course of the Festival in the Awards section.http://www.iffmh.de/fileadmin/bilder2016/Programm/IFFMH_Programmheft_2016.pdf